What Should Teeth Look Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniedabannie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was just thinking it would be really good if there could be a sticky thread showing how guinea pig teeth should look and also how to look after them because I realised today that I genuinely have no idea!

Other than that hay keeps the back ones down ...

Anyway, some photos and information would be really helpful for a lot of members I think, as well as allowing people to find dental problems before their pigs are getting underweight and poorly.

Annie, Poldark and Sage x

Just feel I should add that it's not that I'm worried about Poldark or Sage's teeth, it's just that I'd like to be knowledgeable enough to know if a problem does come up :) x

I agree! I would love to gain as much knowledge about how piggies teeth should look like so I know when something is off.

When Evan first exhibited signs of being sick in May (quit eating and drinking) he was sedated at the vet's and they discovered that his bottom left tooth was "mobile". Not necessarily loose, but more mobile than the vet would have liked to see. So he wasn't able to chew normally. He also had something stuck in his upper gum that stuck him through to his lower jaw, which of course added to his misery. When the object was removed, after 4 weeks of syringe feeding, he bounced back, albeit for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back