What pellets do you have?

PIGGIES FOREVER

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering what pellets do other people feed their guinea pigs. I'm having to find a different brand of pellets because the manufacturer has stopped making the ones I get. I'm looking for grain free, soya free and cold pressed pellets that are very good. I'm UK based.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, I also only but grain free and soya free. I get either the nuggets from haybox or from Amazon I get Rosewood Naturals meadow menu. They are both really good and healthy.

What about the daisy in them? I know it's not safe in big amounts. It's a fear of mine that them eating them daily could be too much.

The ingredients in them are absolutely fine. They won’t be eating big amounts - the pellets are larger and just few of them each day is plenty.

The member who posted about oxbow pellets is not in the Uk so the shop this member uses may not be relevant. We can, however, get oxbow pellets in the Uk. Pets at home sell the oxbow essentials but they are not soya free, not grain free, I don’t think they are cold pressed either.

The member who posted about oxbow pellets is not in the Uk so the shop this member uses may not be relevant. We can, however, get oxbow pellets in the Uk. Pets at home sell the oxbow essentials but they are not soya free, not grain free, I don’t think they are cold pressed either.
Thank you, for letting me know.

Cavia complete is soya and grainfree ,timothy hay,but not cold pressed.marriage pellets are grainfree and pressed,cheapest place i can find these are on vet uk.Rosewoods and haybox are the only two that i know of that fit all your requirements in the uk.

Cavia complete is soya and grainfree ,timothy hay,but not cold pressed.marriage pellets are grainfree and pressed,cheapest place i can find these are on vet uk.Rosewoods and haybox are the only two that i know of that fit all your requirements in the uk.
O.k thank you very much for your help.

My boys get Oxbow pellets, but they just get a small portion per day. I give them more veggies, like 2 to 3 servings of veggies a day.
My Finn who is 6 years old is used to having more veggies than pellets since he grew up on veggies.

We're just on Pets at Home own brand just now because that's what they were eating when we got them. We'll consider options when we get near the end of this bag. They seem decent enough
They used to be a bit bland smelling and our previous pigs weren't keen, but these ones seem to like them well enough. They're not super into pellets, though, they are massive hay eaters and don't want much else. They're even a bit lukewarm on veg! Never seen that before.

We fed our previous pigs on Burgess pellets. They loved them - a bit too much, one of them became a bit of a chunker because of his love for pellets! We had to put him on a diet.

Back