What other veggies can I give my piggies that are low in calcium?

Laura_Deakin

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, my two piggies are getting a bit fed up of the same veggies every day and I’m so stuck with what else I can give them. One used to have red wee and a possible stone (we never found out if she did for sure) so I don’t want to give them any veggies that are high in calcium, I’ve had a look on the page on here that tells you which veggies are low in calcium, but I’ve tried them all and I think they’re getting a bit bored with them, any other suggestions? I’m giving them romaine lettuce, bell pepper, coriander, chicory, celery and carrot, hay and their nuggets. Thanks for your advice!

Mine only get cucumber, pepper, coriander and little gem with the odd bit of mini corn, broccoli and carrot once or twice a week rotated. They do get bored especially of pepper but eat it when they realise that’s all they’re going to be getting. It is difficult when feeding a low calcium diet but a necessity x

Mine get pepper, coriander, cucumber and green bean every day. They are happy enough with that selection.

Mine get cucumber, green/red pepper, green bean and either romaine /butterhead or little gem lettuce
They get a few sprigs of coriander at bedtime
It all goes nothing ever left over

I give pepper, lettuce, cucumber and coriander every evening and they eat it all.
I don’t feed pellets much so instead I also give fresh and dried forage in the place of pellets owners.

Remember there is a lot of calcium in pellets than in veg

Back