What Kind Of Purring Is Good?

is this purring positive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren Foster

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I've recently adopted two female guinea pigs and I am not quite sure what they mean when they make several noises. When I pet my guinea pig she gets really shy but still allows me to pet her and hand feed her. When I pet a certain spot on her back she makes a purring noise. I do not know if shes purring because shes enjoying being pet there or if she is not. I've done research and some videos and sites say that the purring is good, whilst others say the opposite. The best way I can describe the purring is that it reminds me of a cats purr. Please tell me your thoughts and advice. Thank you!

Generally, a sharp short rrrrr means "I don't like that", often in connection with a head butt or a twist to get away from your hand. If is a softer, repeated rrrr, then it is an expression of pleasure, especially of the piggy is kind of melting into you and getting comfy.

Generally, a sharp short rrrrr means "I don't like that", often in connection with a head butt or a twist to get away from your hand. If is a softer, repeated rrrr, then it is an expression of pleasure, especially of the piggy is kind of melting into you and getting comfy.
that answers some questions i've had. :nod: this is the most easy to understand way i've read that put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back