• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What is wrong with my two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol C

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a female pig of about 31/2 years old who has lost a little bit of weight, she also is losing hair all the way down her body,her so called parting, she is a long haired piggy.There has been no scratching so it has not been lost by this and to my knowledge it is not a fungel problem. The only thing I can see is there is some little bits of dried flakes of skin. She seem fine in herself.

My next piggy is about 21/2 years old she has lost quite a lot of weight, but it has been over a long period of time. Although she has lost this weight she does not look to skinny as she was a little porker and she has a very small build.She is very active and is the first to rush to the food each night. But she does seem to run around high up on her legs. I don't know if it looks more obverse as she is so small.

If anyone can shed some light on these two I would be very grateful.
Carol C

I think your best option is a visit to the vets. Sounds like either a fungal infection or mites. They will be able to advise you.

Agree, they sooner you find out what it is causing this, the sooner they can be treated and the quicker they will recover. Keep us updated. :)

check her out at the vets,plus I think it could be a vitamin C def,thats what one of mines got at the mo ( a P@H piggy,that says it all >:( >:( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back