• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What is this?

Oinkpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i have always been curious about what this is on the left side of his nostril, i believe he has always had it.

Attachments

• DEF08B34-FE33-4279-9C40-8D61A20A05FD.webp
    DEF08B34-FE33-4279-9C40-8D61A20A05FD.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 33
  • BFF61FA4-995C-4B4B-B477-674A676DB666.webp
    BFF61FA4-995C-4B4B-B477-674A676DB666.webp
    11 KB · Views: 33
Hi,if he’s always had it, it could just be part of his skin or a wart? If that’s the case and it isn’t bothering him, I’d leave it well alone. If it’s new and wasn’t there before, I’d have it checked by a vet just to make sure it isn’t anything to be concerned about

Hi,if he’s always had it, it could just be part of his skin or a wart? If that’s the case and it isn’t bothering him, I’d leave it well alone. If it’s new and wasn’t there before, I’d have it checked by a vet just to make sure it isn’t anything to be concerned about
Thank you :) I’ll mention it to the vet just in case

I've read on here that some piggies can have moles. But any growth round the nose you should keep an eye on even if he's always had it, just in case it suddenly decides to get bigger. The nostrils are so small they can get blocked quite easily. But apart from that I think it's part of his charm, and he certainly looks a cheerful little chap!

I've read on here that some piggies can have moles. But any growth round the nose you should keep an eye on even if he's always had it, just in case it suddenly decides to get bigger. The nostrils are so small they can get blocked quite easily. But apart from that I think it's part of his charm, and he certainly looks a cheerful little chap!
Thank you! He has so many little things about him that i love and i guess that’s one to add on lol.

Back