• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What is happening? Urgent maybe?

lydvn

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Pluto was puffed up last night and felt a bit bloated. I gave him massages and infant gas meds to help, which did. He keeps doing this weird thing and I finally got a video of it… any ideas on what this even is? How urgent is this? We just spent $750 at the vet yesterday for his sister, and our CareCredit is maxed out so we can’t use it. Going to the ER vet is going to be really hard considering we have maybe $300 in our bank account… 😬

Drinking, eating, peeing, pooping is all normal.

I can’t post the video it says 😔

Let me send pics from the video. He keeps twisting his head up and back down and looking like hes trying to bite something.

Attachments

• IMG_8308.webp
    IMG_8308.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8309.webp
    IMG_8309.webp
    32 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8310.webp
    IMG_8310.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8311.webp
    IMG_8311.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
You will need to upload any video to YouTube and then post a link to it here. We cannot host video directly as it is too costly.

I appreciate it isn’t cheap but bloat is always something you need to be very careful with as it can come in waves even when you think you’re past it. Infant gas medication (we don’t recommend anything containing simethicone) can assist with very mild cases but won’t help with anything more severe.

Make sure you switch to daily weight checks so you can gauge hay intake accurately.
Poop output is 1-2 days behind food intake so isn’t a reliable measure of intake.

You will need to upload any video to YouTube and then post a link to it here. We cannot host video directly as it is too costly.

I appreciate it isn’t cheap but bloat is always something you need to be very careful with as it can come in waves even when you think you’re past it. Infant gas medication (we don’t recommend anything containing simethicone) can assist with very mild cases but won’t help with anything more severe.

Make sure you switch to daily weight checks so you can gauge hay intake accurately.
Poop output is 1-2 days behind food intake so isn’t a reliable measure of intake.
April 20, 2024

We ended up getting him to the ER vet because he just wasn't acting right. They pulled some left over hay in his mouth and sent us home with pain meds for the next 5 days so we have a chance to get him into his regular vet for a dental exam just in case. His sneezing and rubbing his mouth is still happening, but after I removed the dust from his cage, he seems fine. It's also been very spring-y here with lots of pollen, and we had our windows open for a couple days, so that could've done it too. He's always had allergies, and his flare up when mine do LOL. He hasn't made the weird face in a while, but he still puffs up a little, so we are still going to schedule some sort of exam Monday morning whenever the vet calls with his sister's lab results :)

Best of luck! Glad he's feeling a bit better. Allergies are really flaring up this time of year! 😮‍💨

Back