What hutches?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cavy Crazy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cavy Crazy

I have to get some new hutches for my animals. I was hoping you lot could give me some suggestions. :)

Depends what your after and what space you have. Give us a clue to what you want or do you have you not seen anything that catches your eye :)

I like mine ;D

I have got ones that have got upstairs and downstairs.

Nicky xx

yes mine have an upstairs and a downstairs too, I have sage house from p@h for 1 pair of piggies and the other is a hutch with a trapdoor which goes down into the run (not good for wet days mind you) this will be shared by toffee (and Charlie who we pick up on Saturday).
I like sage house best, would like to have the bigger version though which is thistle hall but it would take up too much room in the utility room during the winter months.
the bigger the better

get as big as you can afford and have room for. i've got lavender lodge from p@h for my 2 boars, it is one of the biggest they do @ 5 ft x 2 ft - once you have tunnel,igloo etc i dont think theres masses of room leftin it. i personally wouldnt have a smaller hutch than this.
owl x

As big as you can afford. I have two cages with upstairs and downstairs one is a little wider than the other but they go great side by side and I cover them at night with large tarp covers. If you do get one from pets@ home ask to see the manager and inquire about any damaged cages they want to get rid of for a cheap price. I once got 2 large starter cages with 2 lots of starter stuff inside for £30 hubby fixed the slight damage and made them into one cage and it lasted ages! I find they are willing to do this as the cages take up so much room and they can still make money on them which is what its all about!

Thank you for all your replies. I am looking for three single sturdy hutches that will last a good few years and am really hoping for three six foot by two foot ones. Money is not an issue, however, will have to be reasonably priced for what they are. :)

EmmaJ said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4ft-Double-T-...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are the cages I bought. They let you offer a best price and as I bought 2 they let me have them for considerably less. Bargain. and good customer services too. They do a range of designs and you can get bigger ones.

ohhh ive just bought one

and just bought that too
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190112877300#ebayphotohosting
although I'm not gonna use it for breeding its still a good one,and how good is this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190112877184
:o

I have looked at those but I'm not to sure. ::) But they are in consideration. Thank you for your suggestion. O0

I have one of the double storey whopper ones from Ryedale and asked them to build it 6ft x 2ft x 2ft high each level and with the attached 5ft x 6ft run. Excellent quality :)

I think I am going to get the hutches one from Ryedales. Thank you for everyones suggestions and comments. If you have any more I would be grateful to hear them. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back