What hay?

PIGGIES FOREVER

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi.

I would like to know what hay do other people use and find the best?

I use Haybox and I have it on subscription. I buy their soft timothy and meadow hay boxes

I buy meadow, timothy and ings. The boys seem to prefer meadow while the girls seem to prefer timothy.

Bales are good if you can get them. Quality can vary though.

I agree with the comment above, we sometimes get hay from a local farm and it really does vary. I also buy nature's own hay.

I used to buy baled hay from a local farm shop. It was cheaper and while the quality was fine most of the time, it was more of a gamble as to what would turn up - sometimes it was fine, sometimes quite stalky and not as soft.

Not sure what country you're from, but I use Timothy and Orchard hay made by Oxbow. I'm in the US and typically get my hay delivered 9 pounds at a time from Chewy.

Not sure what country you're from, but I use Timothy and Orchard hay made by Oxbow. I'm in the US and typically get my hay delivered 9 pounds at a time from Chewy.
I live in England and have 8 guinea pigs so need a fair amount of hay.

I live in England and have 8 guinea pigs so need a fair amount of hay.
Ok, I'm not sure if you can buy from Chewy or not, but if not there are many UK users on here so hopefully they can offer more brands or shops for you. Good luck!

I need to find a cheap source for six piggies, but I live in a TINY flat and have no where for bales. My girls favorite is a blend of Timothy and orchard grass and I usually buy Oxbow. Not sure if you can get that in the UK. I'm in the US.

I need to find a cheap source for six piggies, but I live in a TINY flat and have no where for bales. My girls favorite is a blend of Timothy and orchard grass and I usually buy Oxbow. Not sure if you can get that in the UK. I'm in the US.
Hi,

Yes, can get hold of this hay, but it is very expensive.

I’m in the US. I feed a mix of Timothy hay and orchard grass hay at all times. I feed oat hay and meadow hay weekly in addition to the first staple mix.

Back