• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Four of the girls that came in from the backyard-breeder-gone-bad have a sort of fungus thing on their backs. We took them to the vet who told us what we should do, and told us that they were all indeed pregnant, just like I thought and was dreading. Today we were treating them and one of them seems to have completely lost her baby bump. She seems healthy, she's eating and drinking, and if she's not pregnant with the fungus then that's great. But, what happened? I can't figure it out and I don't want to be passive about it and have something be wrong. I'm more than willing to take her to the vet if needed, but she's healthy and if I can do something about it and not have to pay (as guinea pig rescue is expensive enough!) then it would be great. Please help me if you can, I've never had any deaths at my rescue and I really don't want to start now.

Kimmie

If a miscarriage happens they can be absorbed by the bosy? Not sure if it could've been that?

Maybe she has one baby and it's moved?

I'm not sure, she had quite a large bump and I haven't heard of the body absorbing it when there's a miscarraige, but that doesn't mean that's not what happened. *sigh* this is the only problem I've ever had with any of my guinea pigs where I've not known what happened or why so I'm kinda freaking out :-\

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back