What does loud chirping mean!

• Thread starter Thread starter Jillybean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

I've got 3 six month old boys who live together. They are having a run round the room at the moment and one of them is doing this really loud chirping - sounds like a budgie or that noise a blackbird makes when its in distress. He's been acting really dominant while he's been out, chasing the others and trying to mate them but this noise is really weird. He's not even doing it at the others, just on his own. It's really loud (and actually quite annoying after a while!)

Has anyone heard this and what does it mean? I'm looking after my sister's two boars at the moment but they're outside. I'm wondering if he's smelt them somehow or got a whiff of my 5 girls.

ps I'm working on my NVQ at moment so anything is a welcome distraction or excuse to drop it all and do something else!

Awwww thats singing! I have only ever been lucky enough to hear it twice! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

mine whistled at marc last night lol.. we were all sat quietly watching tv,, coco came to edge of cage and sat watching marc,, marc didnt notice until she whistled at him.. i think she wanted a cuddle cos as soon as we took her out for a cuddle she was ok.

I have heard my piggy Isabella do it once. It was the middle of the night and I heard what sounded like a bird out in my living room. I got up to investigate and here was Isabella, not moving a muscle and chirping very loudly. It was like she was in a trance. I went up to the cage and asked her if she was ok. She did not move a muscle and kept on chirping. Then all of a sudden she snapped out of it and was like "wow, what just happened?"

He hasn't done it since, it was just that evening and through the night. They're in a spare room the other side of the house and we could hear him through the closed door! I think he's done it once before, a few weeks ago I was convinced there was a bird in the house or right outside the window.

I wasn't sure if it was singing that I've heard people talk about or something else. I thought he was calling for a female (and the 5 girls were in the next room keeping very quiet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back