What does it mean when ....

• Thread starter Thread starter baby piggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

I'm new to piggies and have only had truffles for two weeks, i was cuddling him last night and he seemed quite happy curled up in my arms, he started to lick my fingers and i was wondering is this a gesture of love or is he just licking the salt off my skin?

I'd say that it is his way of grooming you and so it is a kind of bonding thing. It shows that he is becoming close to you and so yes in a way it is a sign of guinea pig affection :)

Have you tried gently brushing him with a baby brush, most little ones (but not all ::) ) love this. It massages their skin as well as grooms their hair :)

Barbara

Angel does that a hell of a lot at night when shes on my lap,my hands normally soaked afterwards
and now Sparkles doing it
i def think its lurve and bonding

Aw I'm glad he seems to be bonding to me then. Yes, i bought a brush for him - its like a baby brush with very soft bristles - he seems to like getting brushed. :)

I have a baby brush for my pigs and wlson squeeks when i brush him lol! Cindy likes to bite thing alot though and everytime she goes to sniff my finger i get scared she will bite me lol! but m rabbit peter, she used to lick my mums fingers when she poked them through the cage :D

I don't think she's licking the salt off of your fingers at all, it's definitely affection! It's great that you have bonded so quickly ;D

Kimmie

maybe he's not getting enough salt or he just likes the taste of human! ;D
my pigs always lick but mainley when your sweaty
i would suggest getting a salt lick

KimmiesGuineas said:
I don't think she's licking the salt off of your fingers at all, it's definitely affection! It's great that you have bonded so quickly ;D

Kimmie

Totally agree :) All my lot are like this with the odd exception of a bit of nibbling from a couple!

Tonni is such a kissy pig!

Its definately a sign of affection, my piggies love nibbling my fingers and it usually prompts a purr from them as well.

Word of warning though, they can get over-excited and end up using their teeth - one of my girls will often nibble and occasionally slip in her teeth making me jump, she then looks at me so adorably ("I'm sorry... I didn't mean to") before going back to licking.

Also they don't just lick fingers... one of my piggies will lick my nose and cheeks... she loves it!

aww lucky you... ive had one of mine for a year and he wont kiss me... hehe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back