What Do Your Guinea Pigs Listen To?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LorryDriverLuke

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello chums. My guinea pigs live in my bedroom and we've got into a nice little routine. My pigs are usually very quiet of a night and often asleep most of it until (tho they often go for a run about 2/3am, short bursts of dashing about then back to bed!) I get up often early and pop the radio on! Then it's hilarious, they spring into action like its their alarm clock, get out of their hideys and come up to bars to wait for their morning goodies! They listen to Radio 4, I tried 6 Music but weirdly they don't seem fond of music. I leave it on all day for them and if for whatever reason I forget and the room is silent all day when I get home they seem a bit bad tempered and skittish! Do you leave any TV or radio on for your guinea pigs? I'd recommend it to anyone, it was a great help when they first arrived. It meant I could do stuff in the room without them getting spooked.

Oh and sadly they still aren't wheekers! I'm not sure they ever will be now :(

Ours are in the room next to our kitchen which is essentially the kids' craft room so mostly they listen to my children arguing:mal:

They get fed twice a day at roughly the same time so if anyone opens the fridge or rustles a bag at those times they wheek like mad. They mostly wheek for my daughter as they are her piggies and she feeds them the majority of the time. It's very sweet.

Ours are in the room next to our kitchen which is essentially the kids' craft room so mostly they listen to my children arguing:mal:

They get fed twice a day at roughly the same time so if anyone opens the fridge or rustles a bag at those times they wheek like mad. They mostly wheek for my daughter as they are her piggies and she feeds them the majority of the time. It's very sweet.
Same here, only i'm the one who feeds them.

Mine are in the family room, so they hear a lot of voices, television, music, kids running around, etc. They are very accustomed to household noise (the only thing they actively dislike is the vacuum.) Everything else they just ignore, unless it's a fridge opening or a bag rattling, which gets some wheeks most of the time! I work from home, so although it's not noisy during school days, they do still hear TV, me walking around, and I always say hi when I walk past to go upstairs, so it's never completely silent.

The funny this is that they are obviously unused to OUTDOOR noises, as there are only a couple months a year when they get outside regularly. So while they ignore children screaming, movie explosions, video game gunfire, etc., they freeze up when a car drives by or a bird chirps!

I don't use radio, but Ginny seems to just snooze on the spot or relax if I put Adele on, works a bit w my other piggy to settle her if I'm desperate lol :)

I put mine the radio on while they eat their tea until bedtime. They always have radio 4 on.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back