Votes: 0 0.0%
  • half fleece/ half litter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guineapiglover

I dont know I may use half fleece half litter when i get my guinea pigs i would have to see how it works out.Or i may just get all litter and get like a bed for each of them.

I use newspaper with a litter pan in the corner with carefresh (if you can litter train its way easier) I use to cover the whole cage with carefresh

All fleece no litter box here. May chang to megazorb or similar for the summer though. :) Rabbit is on aubiose.

All fleece for mine - Ben and Garry tend to sleep in their pigloos and Minty and Dave snuggle down on the hay under the hay rack. They're generally done out every other day so on the second day they get a layer of dry soft straw bedding in the pigloos so they're not laying in the wet.

My hutch base is lino and I use a good thick layer of newspaper, some dust-free woodshavings and another layer of hay

Newspaper then woodshavings on top, with hay in the sleeping area.

none - i use paper, then either woodshavings, sawdust, bliss or eoodchips called easi bed - topped up with hay ! :)

Newspaper, then large flake shavings (Bedmax) and then tons of hay. :)

I put newspaper down, with a layer of aubiose (horse bedding) on the top. In their bedroom area I put hay. I still have a separate rack for clean hay ;D

All fleece, no litter box. I put newspapers then small layer of pine bedding then layer of paper towels to keep fleece from sticking to wood chips. This makes it easy to clean the poos and pull up the fleece and remove soiled wood chips and replace.

A layer of news paper, then a layer of thick white fluffy fleece with rigid underside then another layer of fleece (top fleece is a blue one with sheep printed all over it). I change the top layer of fleece everyday. They have a large eating corner where they only have newspaper which is changed daily as well.

I currently have a small cage build onto the large existing c&c cage for my new guinea girls until they are fully integrated with the rest. I have a layer of newspaper and then a layer of vet bed in this one.

because my piggies live in my room i normally have to clean them out daily or every other day so i lay newspaper with hay on as its easy to just roll up and stick in a bin bag rather than washing loads of fleece etc.

Just an idea if you want to avoid daily cleaning. If you have Finacard inbetween the newspaper and hay, you will find that cleaning out frequency will reduce and you will also not have any smell problem. If you want to try some, I can send you some.

Is it any good though? And where do you get it from? I've not tried it. Any good for rabbits? ;D

A number of cavy owners, fancy rat owners are using it. If you check the fancy rat forum or other cavy forums you will find comments of various owners. It is in its infancy but a very well accepted product. It is generally available by mail order. If you would like to try then just send me message.

I'm having problems keeping the newspaper down, is the trick to unfold the newspaper all the way and lay it down? cause my guineas keep pulling it up then the litter goes under it lol ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back