What do you think of this new pellet mix?

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
Hi everyone!
Guinea pigs Australia were advertising this seemingly new pellet mix. I get nervous trying new things for the pigs, but also would love to find something new and healthy for the crew. The ingredients list looks okay to me, all natural grasses and herbs? What do you think, worth a try? Or is there anything you notice that isn’t ideal?
Bunny Nature Guinea pig Dream Young

I think it looks great and it is a very highly respected brand of food here in Switzerland.
I use the Bunny brand foods for several of my other animals (hamster, rabbits, etc) and have been very pleased with the quality.

I actually tried this at one point with my own piggies and what I would say is that they wouldn't touch it!
Except Eddi who loved it.

I have found Bunny customer service to be excellent, so if you were considering it I would write to them, mention how many piggies you have and see if they would send a few free samples before you invest in a whole bag only to discover your piggies are keen.

I think it looks great and it is a very highly respected brand of food here in Switzerland.
I use the Bunny brand foods for several of my other animals (hamster, rabbits, etc) and have been very pleased with the quality.

I actually tried this at one point with my own piggies and what I would say is that they wouldn't touch it!
Except Eddi who loved it.

I have found Bunny customer service to be excellent, so if you were considering it I would write to them, mention how many piggies you have and see if they would send a few free samples before you invest in a whole bag only to discover your piggies are keen.

Oh brilliant, I had never heard of it before so must just be new to Australia! Great to hear your experience and advice with it, thanks so much!

Bunny was one of the pellets that every single one of my piggies refused to eat. Fussy devils, because it’s meant to be one of the best for them!

Oh what a shame your pigs also refused to eat them! I wonder what ingredient it is that puts so many off?
They smelt lovely (to me anyway) but seemed harder/more dense than some other pellets?
But the only one of mine who ate them was Eddi - the rest really wouldn't even try, which was a shame as we were given a large bag when we bought Oreo home.

But I do know this has been the case for a few people, which is why I suggested you try a sample first if at all possible because they aren't cheap.

Back