Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

Hi I was just wondering what eveyryone puts on the floor of their cage?

I use news paper then megazorb topped off with hay was only one option on the poll, some people use more than one thing as it works better as a combination :)

I use newspaper, then Megazorb and in certain areas I have a pile of hay for the pigs to jump around in. :)

Louise

I have a groudsheet from a tent, with a think layer of newspaper on top, then vetbed, then a fleece. 8)

For indoors I use a thick layer of newspaper, then vetbed then hay on top.

For outdoors I use a plastic sheet, then newspaper, then vetbed then hay on top

In their hutch I have 3 layers of newspaper then hay and then the brown paper bags from pampered piggies for them to sleep and hide in

wow lots of people are using news paper i thought i was just me! up untill last night i used wood shavings but i got fed up of cleaning the whole cage top to bottom everyday only to have it messed up in minutes!
This morning was sooooooooo much better just went in removed the news paper gave the cage a wipe out and put down some fresh it was soo much easier and didn't smell as much either!!
Thanks Everyone!​
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:​

I'm an old fashioned kinda gal...they have a thick layer of newspaper, followed by a big thick covering of shavings, then straw/hay mix for their bed

wales1000 said:
mine were having newspapers plus wood shavings, then hay, but now I am trying newspapers, bath towels and then hay...

wow that sound's interesting you will have to let me know how that goes!!

yeah i don't mind doing that it's just so difficult with woodshavings! :smitten: :smitten:

I currently use layers of newspaper and shredded paper. I am going to start using megazorb soon as i got my correx today. :)

I use a thick layer of newspaper then lots of hay. Change the whole lot every other day and I find that works really well - doesn't get too wet or messy :)

i think theres a thread about aubiose in the housing list poppy...

vetbed is really good, my pigs absolutely love it, they all lie on it with the back legs kicked out looking pleased with themselves!

wheek said:
i think theres a thread about aubiose in the housing list poppy...

vetbed is really good, my pigs absolutely love it, they all lie on it with the back legs kicked out looking pleased with themselves!

awwww bless them :laugh: i've been looking at getting some of that vetbed for a while now think i'll have to give it a go, i have no trouble with my girls they choose a corner and go there, it's the boys that seem to think its a good idea to use their bed as a toilet ::)

:smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back