what do you put in the bottom of a C&C cage

• Thread starter Thread starter sarsmccabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit paranoid about leaks, particularly as our C&C sits on the carpet in my girls playroom! In the corners that the boys like to spend most time in I put puppy pads in first and then on top of this I line the entire cage with a good layer of newspaper (the puppy pads last for ages because they rarely get wet as the paper is changed daily or at least every other day). On top of that I put some old towels, then fleece and just because I spoil the boys I also have some vetbed under their little hidey houses! Overkill or what! ;D ;D

The fleece is just a fleece blanket I got for next to nothing from Ikea, wash it in washing powder but no softener about three times before using and that way it draws all the wetness away from the pigs (in the same way as vetbed does). The towels and paper underneath soak up any moisture. You could probably get away without the towels if you plan on changing the paper daily - as I said I am just paranoid about leaks!

Hope that helps.

i have lino, newspaper, fleece and litter tray and newspaper in poo areas which are cleaned daily :)

thank you for the advice. am planning on building a c&c cage this weekend so the advice has been great. xx

I have my c & c`s on lino and then in each cage have correx which is corrugated plastic. It is made up like a box and fits inside the cage and is leakproof and totally cleanable. You can get it from sign shops but I got mine from travis perkins builders merchants. An 8 x 4 foot sheet was about £5 :)

Have a look at c & c`s and the correx here: www.cavycages.com

You'll be fine :). Don't forget to have fun and make sure you post lots of piccies of the end result.

I use laminate. I have a raised C&C which means I have build it up and I love it but it's bulky in my living room! ::) I put laminate downa nd then put fleece on top I have no problems with it.

never thought of that. I have a spare box after doing my hall so will give that a go. Thanks. x

Some people will say it's not ideal as it moves but as long as you can get the pieces to fit then its works fine. I couldn't get correx and thought well it's just sitting there I may as well use it. :D

We have correx type stuff (a different brand) with megazorb and straw on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back