What do I do?

• Thread starter Thread starter bandl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bandl

I feel like a total ditz for asking this, but how do I get my new guinea pigs to calm down and not run away from us?

Time and patients, sit down next to the cage with the door open and a tastier piece of cucumber and chat gentle to them, don't touch them though just do this for a couple of nights then put your hand in holding a piece of cucumber and see if they take it from your hand.
Then go in for the cuddle ::) make sure the house is nice and quiet so you can cuddle without any sudden noises.

Have fun and have a good supplie of bribe food works nearly all the time. ;D

good luck and keep us posted

them

I have had my two since october and at first you couldnt hold them for more than two mins without them getting scard and wanting to run away, now they sit on our laps for ages and enjoy cuddles and being brushed.
Piggybaker is right - it really is just time and patience they just need time to get to know you

x

i have a c&c cage. Should I lift up the cube so i'm more mor comfortable and on their level instead of hovering over?

It's going to take a lot of time and patience. And if you're able to raise your cage so that they're not being hovered over, it should help a lot, since they're naturally prey and quite skittish.

Kimmie

My piggies don't eat oranges! However, they eat all of their lettuce and parsley. What should I do? I already use the vitamine c in their water. How do I get them to like oranges?

I'm noyt sure about the opranges but you shouldn't put vitamins in the watera s it can put them off drinking

also by the time they drink the water theres hardly any vitamins in there... thats what ive heard lol

thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. They'll eat parsley and romaine lettuce, but they don't like oranges. What do I do?

It doesn't need to be oranges, have a look at the guinea shopping list on the site and that will give you alternative high vit C foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back