What are they doing?

• Thread starter Thread starter gp-d
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gp-d

Well I have my piggies in a cornered off area at the moment and they are walking around normally purring at their big area and every now and again one of them will speed up and do these little jump and dive sort of things. Is this them just having a good run or is it something to do with how they are feeling?

Thats called popcorning, they do these jumps when they are happy :)
It is very cute to watch :D

Hmm I did wonder if it was just them popcorning a bit differently but usually when they do they just twist around rather than actually run 98) Maybe mine are just crazy?

No, Timmy does that and sometomes turns 360 degress! Lennie cant as he is too chunky ;D

Mine do this in their C&C, they run really fast and popcorn, rather strange to see i thought they were sick or demented lol! x

aw mine does that he cant popcorn too much - awwww little chubby butt ;D :smitten:

a lot of people do worry actually when they first see their guinea-pigs doing this. i was 9 when i got my first guinea-pig Pepper, and i cried when he had his first little popcorn dance with me, i thought he was having a fit and so we asked the woman we got him from, and he reassured us that he was just having fun and couldn't control his excitment lol :)

I know i was the same! I thought they had ear mites or something haha because they look like they're trying to get something out of their heads when they shake them! I was really worried lol x

lavenderjade said:
Lennie cant as he is too chunky ;D

2funny

Mine also do it when their out on the lawn,only thing is they run into each other! 98) :smitten:

My Bob is sooo funny to watch when he is popcorning! he really seems to twist and jump at the same time and his wee ears flap :smitten:

John has done a few bounces before but saw him majorly popcorning yetserday...put a big cardboard box in the outdoor run yesterday...think he was pleased with it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back