what are the best toys?

• Thread starter Thread starter lau200
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lau200

what toys would i need to purchase for piggies? i know they need a house of some sort. what about things like hammocks, do they use them?

any info would be appreciated :)

Mine have little bed like cosie things which the use alot never tried a hammock though, they also like those cardboard chubes you can get, they love to hide in them and sleep in them. Mine also love paper bags, but make sure they are apper and not plastic. I use cardboard boxes for my hidey houses and they seem to go down better than the actual wooden houses I have with my pigs.

Hi you i have had my girlies just over two weeks got a few toys for them now here are some examples. :)

DSC00625.jpg

This is their little house
DSC00623.jpg

Susannah playing in their log arch which was about £1.50
DSC00622.jpg

Two old carpet roll tubes they love running through them and hiding in them
DSC00621.jpg

Wooden cheese style block that i fill with hay great for nibbling to keep their teeth down £1.20
DSC00620.jpg

Wooden ball great for nibbling too - £1.75
DSC00619.jpg

Toilet roll tube filled with hay
DSC00611.jpg

Drain pipe great for running through or just taking a break like ginger is here - he is my little house guest when his mum goes on her hols.

Hope these examples help as you can see they are cheap to buy or make as i have done with some of them.

Let me us know how you go and what you get.

Love Lindsay and Gp's Trinny Susannah and Ginger. :)

Never thought of filling toilet rolls with hay,just going to do it now :-*

Mine love them cost nothing to make and they chew them to bits. Lol post some pics of yours and the toys if you can. Love seeing other peoples piggies :)

curly said:
Never thought of filling toilet rolls with hay,just going to do it now :-*

Also if you make holes/slits in the sides of the loo rolls, they also get heaps of fun pulling it out of them too, it makes them feel like there working at somehting too, I read it from somewhere. ;)

My two have:
a small log bridge and a large log bridge...John can't fit under the small one
2 chubes (big tubes)..they both love them
willow balls..nearly demolished now
toilet roll stuffed with hay...John won't eat hay any other way
willow sticks but they don't seem to fussed by them
both love big cardboard boxes to sit in
a piggie kabob thingie but they aint all that keen on that either

And my order from pampered piggies just arrived today with:
2 stuffed willow balls...piggies have eaten a wee bit
1 log filled with hay and other goodies...which they had a good chomping at this afternoon
paper bags..Bob seems to love it, John not so keen

Min hav
willow balls narly all chw
Willow sticks
hw blocks
Hiy pigloo
STA70108.jpg

All ths
STA70254.jpg

STA70109.jpg

Doms i hav r & blu ons
STA70534.jpg

Toys for outsi
STA70070.jpg

STA70050.jpg

hubs
STA70961.jpg

log brigs small, mium an larg ons
STA70895.jpg

wigwams
wigwam.jpg

Tunnls
STA70556.jpg

Woon houss
STA70551.jpg

STA70106.jpg

STA70270-1.jpg

Woon cornr hous
STA70039.jpg

STA70151.jpg

Hay tunnl thing
STA70299.jpg

[siz5][colorr]Sorry for soo many piccis guys[/siz]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh! Where did you get that house type thing from the 13th picture? Looks very interesting

Love all the pics but the 12th one is funny that little piggy at the other side of the mesh looks like he/she has escaped and is looking as if to say 'Dam have i been caught on camera'! The piggies are all goreous especially the one in the last pic. :smitten:

lindsay7 said:
Love all the pics but the 12th one is funny that little piggy at the other side of the mesh looks like he/she has escaped and is looking as if to say 'Dam have i been caught on camera'! The piggies are all goreous especially the one in the last pic. :smitten:
That lil bogger yeah they are all boars there and Cremz is the one who escaped - He has been named and shamed ;D

Choc Choc is a beauty (the last piccie) :smitten: Well they all are ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back