What a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laure

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Some of you may have read my thread about having mice yesterday.

In the process of trying to get rid of the mice I have put the girls on fleece and on the dining table. This was to try and reduce the amount of hay about (less temptation for the mice) and to make the C&C less accessible.

Well the girls love the fleece, so I actually think I might stick with that in future.

More importantly they are absolutely loving being higher up (they have always been on the floor)! Normally when anyone walks up to them (even me) they will run and hide and then come back out to see if we have any food ;D ;D
But now on the table, they are not scared anymore, at all!

I had read that being preys in the wild they normally feel more secure when us slaves are not towering over them but I never thought it would make such a difference.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone with shy piggies. O0

As anyone else found this?

I agree - we used to have our first piggies on the floors and they would run, but since October last year they have been higher off the ground and seem so much better and dont leg it every time u go up to the cage, well three of them dont anyway :)

Mine run away as soon as I go in the shed,but as soon as I sit on the floor they all come and say hello....and yes I do come out with piggy poo stuck all over me ;D

mine have been more social since being up high, maybe they don't feel so threatened as when they;re low down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back