Wet Run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todite88

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So it's done nothing but rain for 2 days and the boys have had to stay inside their hutch... today it's dry but the grass is all wet... Can I put them in their run still? If I make sure they've got a dry hidey thats off the floor? Feel bad them not having their run time they love it!

Putting them on wet grass could make them ill.I personally wouldn't risk it.

What about moving the run on to the paving if it drys out? Can cut them off some grass and put in tunnels and hideys, just worried about them not being able to get enough exercise

What about moving the run on to the paving if it drys out? Can cut them off some grass and put in tunnels and hideys, just worried about them not being able to get enough exercise

That'd be OK. By the way, it's better to " pull" the grass by hand rather than cut it if you can

A few days ago, I wanted to put my Guineas in their run and the ground was too wet so ...... I covered the grass with a ground sheet and a fleece !

They couldn't get to the grass - but, at least they had some time in the run

I can't pull mine really, as it's not been laid all that long and if I pull it it just uproots really easy, why is it better to pull it by the way? Well I think the paving will dry out soon enough so I'm going to do that x

Cutting can bruise it but I think cutting with scissors us OK .I would dry it before you give them it.The ground sheet and fleece is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back