wet patches from water bottles

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
has anyone got any idea on what i can do to prevent the wet patch the water bottle leaves after my girls drink? it isn’t leaky as such but drips when they drink and it just creates a soggy pile of newspaper and sawdust underneath!

That happens to one of my water bottles. They have two. One at the top and one at the bottom and the bottom one always leaks more even if I swap the bottles over 🤷‍♀️. I just take out the damp sawdust every evening.

That happens to one of my water bottles. They have two. One at the top and one at the bottom and the bottom one always leaks more even if I swap the bottles over 🤷‍♀️. I just take out the damp sawdust every evening.

how weird! do you swap the paper out too?

Sometimes it's when they pull the water bottle to an angle. I thought I had a busted one but I'd hung it at the wrong height so they pulled it to about 45 degrees and then the spout dripped all over! I spent ages wondering why the other 3 bottles weren't as popular but realised my mistake when I hung a different bottle back in that position... now that bottle dripped instead!

Sometimes it's when they pull the water bottle to an angle. I thought I had a busted one but I'd hung it at the wrong height so they pulled it to about 45 degrees and then the spout dripped all over! I spent ages wondering why the other 3 bottles weren't as popular but realised my mistake when I hung a different bottle back in that position... now that bottle dripped instead!

oh i see! our bottles only drip when they are being drunk from, my girls seem quite aggressive drinkers🤣

Back