Wet Bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My white long haired piggie Lloyd has constantly got a wet & dirty bum. I don't know what she's doing to get in this mess but it's driving me nuts. She hates being handled at the best of times so hates being trimmed but isn't too bad in the bath. I don't want to bath too often as I know it's not good for her coat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

I too had the same problem and the only way is to keep it trimmed (butt cut as they now know it). I've found it also depends on the bedding you use.

They have the odd butt wash when it gets smelly but I only do that when it's really needed. Just a quick dunk, shampoo of the back end only and they seem to have got used to it now

I think I'll try going a bit shorter and seeing if that helps. We've tried care fresh, fleece and eventually went back to sawdust which they seem to prefer.

I would recommend giving her a bath and then trimming her bum area nice and short. Also make sure you spot clean the wet bedding out of her cage daily and replace those areas with clean, dry bedding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back