western c&c?

Cambridge Piggles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I vaguely remember someone saying something about ‘western’ grids not being sufficient ? Could someone please clarify? I’m worried I’ve got the wrong grids now!

Perhaps you could show us a picture of what you’ve ordered - that will probably be easier for us to advise you

C&c grids need to have 9 holes not 8 as 8 holes are too big and piggies can get through them.

I’ve ordered these which I’ve used as a lid but I wanted to use them to expand the closure. They are less long than the standered c&c grids

Attachments

• IMG_0208.webp
    IMG_0208.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 3
You may have heard someone mention the midwestern cage. It is a specific model of shop bought cage that needs two of them to be used to make the space sufficient.

I’ve ordered these which I’ve used as a lid but I wanted to use them to expand the closure. They are less long than the standered c&c grids

I’m afraid you won’t be able to use them to expand the cage. They will be ok as a lid though.

They are only 7 holes so could be rather dangerous - you need grids with 9 holes

If those are the grids I think they are the hole spacing is fine but the grids are smaller, guinea pigs have been known to jump or climb over them!

Back