Weird Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyskinnygirl

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My mom was here on the weekend and she loves my guinea pigs, she grabbed a big thick fuzzy blanket and sat with it on her and then put my pigs in the blanket and they both seemed to love it and one closed his eyes and went to sleep. My question is: Is that safe for them I wouldn't want them to get to warm and die could that happen or am I safe to do that.

It's perfectly fine & normal. Piggies love, love soft fabric to lay on, hide in and hide under. They obviousle felt snuggly and relaxed enough to fall asleep on your mum's lap. Great result.

It's perfectly fine & normal. Piggies love, love soft fabric to lay on, hide in and hide under. They obviousle felt snuggly and relaxed enough to fall asleep on your mum's lap. Great result.
Thanks for the response I now will let them more often get in the blanket and I know they will love it.

My three get very relaxed when snuggled with warm material. But sometimes a bit too relaxed and have a little piddle!
I know the feeling! lol my girls are great at letting you know when its toilet time... unless they're cozied in a blanket then they just don't care! lol nightmare! my dressing gown is they're usual victim. :D

The only risks this would pose is if you keep them outside and you are bringing them in so they get warm but then have to suddenly deal with the rapid changes of temperature of going back outside.

Other than that, they all love fleece products :)

It's fine, just make sure that it isn't too hot for them. If the room is hot, or if she puts a bunch of layers on top of them, you should worry. But this is perfectly fine. It was right of you to be concerned, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back