Weird question - bricks as a food bowl?

ekuk

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I see a lot of people use bricks to keep the cage liners in place when they have burrowing pigs so was thinking of trying this.

But I was wondering if it's safe for me to serve treats or nuggets in a hollowed out brick like the one pictured?

Screenshot_2024-07-29-11-59-17-53_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp

Personally i wouldn’t because it effectively then becomes a food bowl and bowls aren’t really recommended.
We don’t recommend bowls because they can lead to food hogging but the main issue is that using a bowl removes the enrichment and mental stimulation of foraging (which is something piggies spend a vast amount of time wanting to do). Throw veg and nuggets into loose piles hay and let them search for it.

Personally i wouldn’t because it effectively then becomes a food bowl and bowls aren’t really recommended.
We don’t recommend bowls because they can lead to food hogging but the main issue is that using a bowl removes the enrichment and mental stimulation of foraging (which is something piggies spend a vast amount of time wanting to do). Throw veg and nuggets into loose piles hay and let them search for it.
Thanks, ok I won't do this with food.

On a different note, do you think bricks, concrete or ceramic tiles are safe to hold down cage liners? Is there any heavy/weighted items I should avoid or sway towards?

Yes it’s ok to use them to hold liners down if your piggies are burrowing. A ceramic tile can also provide a cool place to sit in summer if they feel the need to.
You could just use some heavy wooden hides to hold liners down instead though

Yes it’s ok to use them to hold liners down if your piggies are burrowing. A ceramic tile can also provide a cool place to sit in summer if they feel the need to.
You could just use some heavy wooden hides to hold liners down instead though
Thanks 😊

Back