Weird Noise

stephsunder

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello!

I have two boars, roughly 13 weeks old, called Teddy and Dough (as in cookie dough…). I was having a cuddle with Dough this evening, letting him clamber all over me as he does normally but he seemed more agitated than normal. Then he made this awful noise - the only way I can explain it is the sound my dog makes when she’s clearing her throat, but only the last final clearing/choke/cough noise. The noise that clears her problem.

It struck the fear of god into me, I instinctively thought he was about to attack my hand!
He’d also sort of dipped his back in the middle and elongated slightly.

I cannot find any noise similar to it online at all. My husband assumes he was clearing a blockage but I’m not sure. He was nibbling the whole time he was with me, the sound he makes while eating but he didn’t have food with him. He is a constant nibbler, day and night, he never stops.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi, I am wondering if he may have just coughed. I remember the first time I heard my Dexter cough, it gave me the fright of my life. Did it sound like he was clearing his throat? Was it a one off noise? Sometimes out piggies can get food, hey etc stuck in the back of their mouths and the only way to unlodge it is by simply coughing however, it can sound startling.

Hello!

I have two boars, roughly 13 weeks old, called Teddy and Dough (as in cookie dough…). I was having a cuddle with Dough this evening, letting him clamber all over me as he does normally but he seemed more agitated than normal. Then he made this awful noise - the only way I can explain it is the sound my dog makes when she’s clearing her throat, but only the last final clearing/choke/cough noise. The noise that clears her problem.

It struck the fear of god into me, I instinctively thought he was about to attack my hand!
He’d also sort of dipped his back in the middle and elongated slightly.

I cannot find any noise similar to it online at all. My husband assumes he was clearing a blockage but I’m not sure. He was nibbling the whole time he was with me, the sound he makes while eating but he didn’t have food with him. He is a constant nibbler, day and night, he never stops.

Any ideas anyone?

Did he have a big sneeze or cough to clear a minor obstruction somewhere in the airways? They can sound rather alarming when you have never heard them before.

Please accept that we can only go by your description and through the filter of your own perception, so we can at the best just guess without being able to hear the sound, see the body language and get the situational context.

Back