• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My piggies are a tiny bit over weight 1 piggy is 2.1 pounds the other 2 pigs are 2.3 pounds I read that they are suposd to be 2 pounds , every now and again the piggies run and popcorn , is there anything i can do to make them loose a little weight ?
we have tried cutting down there food which never worked

I think their weight sounds fine. Personally, I like my piggies to have a little extra on them to stand them in good stead if they become ill and lose weight. Just be careful not to give too much fruit etc and no pet shop sweet treats. Never cut down their hay rations :)

Weight is according to size not text books :) Guineas are different lengths and will be different weights, 2lb odd is fine and not overweight as long as this is muscle and not fat. Most of mine are around three pound but one little girl is very small and hovers around 2 pound :)

Pigs can be anything from 1lb to 4lb. My biggest pigs are 2 and a half pound and I'm happy with that. ;D

I agree, some of mine are huge but they're just big pigs. Also it's winter, so they're probably storing it up! Roll on Spring, when they can get outside!

:)

believe me thats not overweight thats a nice size.

i have a big pig who has just hit 3lb 4oz!

One of mine, Jimmy, is about 3lb 7ozs. :smitten: :smitten:
He is not fat, just a big piggy.
I read somewhere 3lb was average.
As it seems different sources say different things, I would judge by how the piggy looks.

I don't think there's an average, it depends on the length of the pig and the metabolism- like humans :)

3 little pigs said:
My piggies are a tiny bit over weight 1 piggy is 2.1 pounds the other 2 pigs are 2.3 pounds I read that they are suposd to be 2 pounds , every now and again the piggies run and popcorn , is there anything i can do to make them loose a little weight ?
we have tried cutting down there food which never worked

These don't sound at all overweight to me - just sound like nice chunky little piggies (as they should be!) Keep up the good work!

sophiew said:
Oh, can we have a pic of your monster pig? :) :)

Can anyone beat that?!

do you mean me? piccies of my fat piggy are in the photo gallery under "bob and munchie together again" he is the black pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back