• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

Hey everyone... me again! lol

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the average weight of my pigs should be according to their ages...

Wilson is about 1 year 9 months and weighs about 1.1Kg
Cindy is about 1 year and 6 months and weighs about 1.1Kg
Basil is about 1.5-2 years and weighs about 900g
Poppy is almost 1 year and weighs about 1Kg

I know that most of them are overweight at the moment, and we have started to make their meals smaller, rather that 1 scoop a day i now feed them half a scoop a day. Peter and poppy get 1 scoop rather than 2 now.

I want to help them lose weight and be healthier but I need to know their goal weights first.

Your pigs are not overweight. Pigs can weigh anything from 1-4kg, your pigs are at the bottom end of the scale. I also feel they need to have weight on them to help if they ever become ill. Don't reduce their food down, just give them what you always do. :)

As S+T says, your guineas are not overweight. Dopn't worry! I don't know about having more weight for when they're ill, the heavyweights seem to go down fast if not faster than the lightweights sometimes ::) But it can't do any harm. Some pigs you just can't seem to put weight on, they're all different.

There was method in my madness Karen...lol I assumed if a hefty guinea pig became ill the added weight would aid him if he lost a few grams. I guess it doesn't work that way sadly. :)

Okies thanks guys... :)

I do see what you mean S+T I thought it worked that way too lol :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back