• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I've just weighed the pigs and wanted to bend your ears about Sunshine and Twinkle. They both weigh 1200g which is 2.5lb. Sunshine is 7 months and Twinkle is 6 months 3 weeks! Do these weights sound ok or are they on the hefty side?

They are my oldest pigs so not sure if they are healthy or going obese. At this rate they will be 4lb by the time they are one! :D

Louise
x

Thanks Liz, they are big boys I guess, I love big pigs! :D

Sounds fine to me. Mine weigh about that much (well, were more than that last time I weighed them :o) but yeah :)

Louise i think they just sound like they're cuddly piggies and that's good :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Always better to have some weight on them cause if they ever get sick they've got a head start O0
As you know there's so many diff sized piggies around... seems to be anywhere from 600 - 1400grams seems to be the average from all the people i've spoken to both in the UK and US :)
Our boys were different and they were from the same mum looked nothing alike and one was always bigger than the other :-\
I'm sure you're feeding all the best food, lol spoilt piggies probably get the best of everything :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Glynis,

That is like Flora and Fleur you would not think they were sisters. They look totally different! Fleur is always around 100g bigger than Flora.

I feed them all 5 veggies in the morning 5 in the evening, unlimited hay and pellets so they are probably all doing well on that!

x

They sound great weights :) they're probably just doing most of their growing now and the rate will slow down soon :) hope they get all chunky :smitten:

That's true Emma, I was thinking if they are only 7 months now by the time they are 1 they will be 4lb! But then it will probably slow down by then. I can see them being around 3lb Mark, the same with Fleur she's chunky!

Thanks for your mail by the way on the heat thing, Flora is still rumbling at Fleur but not as much! :) x

Lol as soon as i typed it to you went in the pig room and the screams from Bee were unmerciful! Bumble was chasing her, rumbling, mounting, even trying to bite her ! They get so violent on heat! Obviously Bee was being dramatic there wasnt a mark on her and they're fine today ::) strange things! Yer i reckon they'll slow down around the 8-9month mark and will be about 3 and a half pounds eventually :) x

LOL Fleur looks at Flora as if she is demented, so funny as Fleur is such a lady you could put Flora in with the boys and she would be right at home roughing it (not that I would of course...lol)

I hope the boys weight slows down they are getting heavy to lift up! :D

Are you sure they're only 2lb 5oz louise? My scales say Ralfie is 2lb4oz at 1030g! And ive done a bit of working out and that seems about right lol, I'm sure yours are even heavier ;D i may be wrong though! x

Just done it on my phone converter and my calculator and both say yours are about 2lb8-9oz ;D

Yep just checked my scales and they are both 2lb 10oz. I meant 2lb and half a lb Maths was never my strong point! :D

;D woah chunky boys :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: maths isnt my strong point either hence the phne converter ;D

Just weighed my 2 boys so thought I'd share.

At about 8 months old Scampy is 948grams, his weight fluctuates quite a lot but the trend is going up, Treacle is a hefty 1268g.

Finally been able to weight my piggies after i got new scales then they didnt work so i got new ones today.

Murphy 1 year - 991g was ill a month or so ago so he is putting weight back on now.
Joe 8 months 1045g
Jimmy 8 months 922g

Girls - all five months
Trinny - 760g
Susannah - 749g
Honey B - 718g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back