• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weeping Eyes

• Thread starter Thread starter EmmyBaybee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EmmyBaybee

My guinea-pig, Bobbie, has got a discharge from his eyes. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is causing it. My other guinea-pig, Johnny, is in the same cage but has no discharge. What is wrong with Bobbie?

Does the piggy have any other symptoms ie: runny nose,lethargy or anorexia.?

This could be a URTI brewing,or it could just be a blocked tear duct.

The other cause for watery eyes is a dental problem.

If the piggy is eating normally and otherwise fine,it is most likely a blocked tear duct.

Get some human eye drops,Brolene or Optrex are both o.k. and bath the eye.Massage gently under the lower eye lid,from the inner corner to the the outer.

hello,
my baby zoe, gets a watery eye, we just get warm water and bathe it with salty water. seems to work for a while but always comes back. the eye has been cheeked by adding green dye to it and there were no problems to the eye or damage. hoping your baby feels better soon. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back