Weekly Checks On Boars

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I was doing the weekly check on Dennis and Christian today everything was normal, round about the same weight, nails OK, bum checked for impaction, any boar glue to remove etc. I checked Dennis for boar glue he was fine but when it came to Christian no matter how I tried I couldn't expel his willy! It just refused to come out! Should I be worried or not? It is normally easy you know? I just press either side and out it comes. I haven't tried since. I'll try again tomorrow but as you can imagine this isn't part of the weekly check he really relishes!

I wouldn't worry, like you say, try again tomorrow. As with many simple things if for some reason you cant do it straight away it becomes incredibly difficult!

Oh my don't worry I'm the same! There's been many occasions when I haven't been able to do that with Mo. Not helped by the fact he will wiggle and headbutt me as I do it!

Give it a little wash with some warm water. My boys don't appreciate it much but it sometimes helps loosen things up.

Back