Weeking but also clicking

Leai&El

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Hey,

One of our babies is quite timid. She will be picked up and will take food from my daughter. When being held she takes food from my daughter and weeks. But as she weeks she also clicks or chatters her teeth. We are really confused as they are opposite signs. Any advice?

When they become more confident, they feel more able to let you know what they do and don’t like. So the teeth chattering may be a sign she wants to go back in her cage.

Taking food from you is a good sign though, it means that she trusts you.

Do you take her out for lap time with her friend?

Hi, we take them out separately as Leia tends to wind El up and El prefers lap time away from Leia. They can see each other though as we keep lap time close to their cage as they are so young.

It's just very confusing she wheeks & eats from my daughters hand, but clicks at the same time

What do you mean when you say she winds her up? What does she do exactly. The wheeking may be because she’s wanting her friend.

I'm wondering whether she literally does mean the two things - she takes the food because she wants it but is clicking her teeth because she doesnt actually went to be held

Leia is a lot more excitable than El. El likes to sit and chill Leia will popcorn and jump over El and it ruins Els lap time so we do lap time separately

Popcorning is a good sign. It means piggy is happy. How is it ruining lap time for El?

I'm wondering whether she literally does mean the two things - she takes the food because she wants it but is clicking her teeth because she doesnt actually went to be held
This would make sense. She is a lot more reserved than Leia so it could be. We will keep trying gently and see what happens

So, El is the quieter one but is the one who is clicking when being held.
Leia likes to run about.

Obviously we can’t see the interaction to know what actually goes on, so can only give the basic information but, piggies who sit still when being held can mean two things - they are either comfortable and enjoying being held or too scared to move.
The fact she is clicking her teeth but staying still might suggest to me that she doesn’t like it. Obviously we are going from a written description so it’s much harder for us!
I personally wouldn’t put that almost human emotion on it by saying Leia is ruining El’s lap time with her popcorning. Leia is clearly happy to be out and about. I’d be more inclined to wonder whether it’s just that El doesn’t like it not that Leia ruins it.

So, El is the quieter one but is the one who is clicking when being held.
Leia likes to run about.

Obviously we can’t see the interaction to know what actually goes on, so can only give the basic information but, piggies who sit still when being held can mean two things - they are either comfortable and enjoying being held or too scared to move.
The fact she is clicking her teeth but staying still might suggest to me that she doesn’t like it. Obviously we are going from a written description so it’s much harder for us!
I personally wouldn’t put that almost human emotion on it by saying Leia is ruining El’s lap time with her popcorning. Leia is clearly happy to be out and about. I’d be more inclined to wonder whether it’s just that El doesn’t like it not that Leia ruins it.
This does make sense. El does seem to like lap time alone (she eats, lays and wheeks). But she also clicks at the same time as wheeking.

Leia loves everything lol. Leia always seems happy and wheeks, popcorns and is super excitable. In the cage it is ok as when El gets annoyed she has lots of space to move away. During lap time she doesn't. They both LOVE being in the outside run but El still clicks when she wheeks.

This does make sense. El does seem to like lap time alone (she eats, lays and wheeks). But she also clicks at the same time as wheeking.

Leia loves everything lol. Leia always seems happy and wheeks, popcorns and is super excitable. In the cage it is ok as when El gets annoyed she has lots of space to move away. During lap time she doesn't. They both LOVE being in the outside run but El still clicks when she wheeks.

Hi

Personally, I would have El vet checked to make sure that there is no medical reason for the clicking.

Hi

Personally, I would have El vet checked to make sure that there is no medical reason for the clicking.
Ok thank you. I'll book her in now (I didn't know that could be a reason so 100% better safe than sorry) x

Could it be mild teeth chattering? I think given the wheeking I would either take both out together and have them on the sofa next to you. Or not take her out.

Back