Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiana n tiny

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ever since I bought ma piggies, 'av had difficulties in giving them water... because each time I try to give them water, they won't drink it no matter how hard I try.... unless I add sugar.. and that I have stopped because I don't think its right...

Sugar is bad for any type of animal to be fair. Please do not feed your piggies sugar. It can cause diabetes in large amounts. When you say difficulties do you mean they dont drink normally from a bottle? How long have you had them? If it is a short amount of time and they dont seem to be drinking then a vet visit is a must.

Please do not add sugar to the water. It could make them ill. Do they not drink any? Have you tried a little bowl? Some piggies prefer to drink from a bowl. What vegetables do you feed?

Don't they drink from a bottle?. PLEASE don't give them sugar it's not good for them.

If you haven't had your piggies for long then it's likely that they are still a little nervous. Could they be drinking when you're out of the room? Some piggies really don't seem to drink a lot at all. Do you wash their veggies before you feed them? They may be getting water from that.

it varies from pig to pig with how much they drink. they may get all they need from their veggies when you've washed them. :)

If you are providing them water via a bottle it might be worth marking off the water level to see if they are consuming any? (accounting for the usual amount lost through the slight leak).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back