Water intake for 2 sows

Winniethepiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, my 2 girls usually drink this much a day between them both. Is this enough? I do give them veg on a night washed in water so they could be getting their water from that but also I'm still worried its not enough. They dont seem dehydrated or anything. One of my girls drinks most of the water and then my other only really drinks small amounts through the day which is the girl you can see in the image provided.

Attachments

• 20240115_180409.webp
    20240115_180409.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
One of my piggies barely drinks anything at all, then my foster girls drink about 2/3 of their bottle in a day and night. Different piggies do just drink different amounts, if they also get watery veg that could make a difference since they’ll get their water through that as well. I’d say you‘d only want to be concerned if you notice a sudden change in their water intake. With unlimited access to water they’ll drink when they’re thirsty.

I used to worry about how much Dignified Sir George drinks as he rattles the bottle (loudly) and empties it without drinking much but he's healthy.

Back