Water bowl

Fluffy17

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys! Tomorrow i’ll bring my piggies with me in my grandma’s house. I also bought a temporary large playpen as their home for a day. The problem is that it doesn’t have holes to hang the water bottle so i ordered this online but it keeps on falling every time.

My question is: are piggies usually comfortable in drinking from a bowl?

If u have helpful last minute crafts they’re gladly appreciated 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_3981.webp
    IMG_3981.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
You’ll have to try a bowl and see how they get on - Some will drink from bowls, some won’t.

My four piggies will not use a bowl, they all happily use bottles.
My two rabbits will use a bowl, but they will not use bottles

Mischievous Master Boris will drink from a bowl but insists on paddling in it at the same time, Dignified Sir George won't go near one. You just need to try them. Is there any way of making the base of the stand more stable so it won't fall?

The goblins aren't allowed a bottle because Cam kept getting angry at them (no, I don't get it either lol) so now they only get a bowl and they're happy enough to drink from it.

What is your temporary play pen made of, could you improvise & put a small hole in it too help stabilise the wooden stand? Or is it likely to rip?

We were using bottles, now while trying to get Billy to drink more he has a bowl too. I brought a really small shallow one. Which he hasn’t tipped yet, or done a poo in.

I have seen some people use two C&C grids joined together with cable ties and draped (best word I can think of!) over the pen you can then attach a bottle in the normal way.

Just thought maybe hung is a better word.

Mischievous Master Boris will drink from a bowl but insists on paddling in it at the same time, Dignified Sir George won't go near one. You just need to try them. Is there any way of making the base of the stand more stable so it won't fall?
Unfortunately no 🥺 i’ve tried everything

What is your temporary play pen made of, could you improvise & put a small hole in it too help stabilise the wooden stand? Or is it likely to rip?

We were using bottles, now while trying to get Billy to drink more he has a bowl too. I brought a really small shallow one. Which he hasn’t tipped yet, or done a poo in.
It’s a foldable playpen so i really can’t put anything on it 🥺

I have seen some people use two C&C grids joined together with cable ties and draped (best word I can think of!) over the pen you can then attach a bottle in the normal way.

Just thought maybe hung is a better word.
Thank you 😊 i’ll check it out

Back in September I had to move the goblins into a foldable playpen for a few weeks til the weather went back to much more manageable temperatures and I'd decided to trial a bowl instead of a bottle then for the same reasons as you. We've stuck with the bowl, they didn't put up a fuss about it at all.

Back in September I had to move the goblins into a foldable playpen for a few weeks til the weather went back to much more manageable temperatures and I'd decided to trial a bowl instead of a bottle then for the same reasons as you. We've stuck with the bowl, they didn't put up a fuss about it at all.
Thank you! I’ll try

Back