Water bottles

Kstove96

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pigs keep chipping off a small section of the metal ball inside the tube making the water bottle to just constantly leak. This is the second water bottle. I have 2 at all times in the cage filled and for some reason this one keeps chipping. Not sure if they are playing with it or fighting over it or just bitting it to hard while drinking. What are good bottles to use do this doesn’t keep happening.

My guinea pigs keep chipping off a small section of the metal ball inside the tube making the water bottle to just constantly leak. This is the second water bottle. I have 2 at all times in the cage filled and for some reason this one keeps chipping. Not sure if they are playing with it or fighting over it or just bitting it to hard while drinking. What are good bottles to use do this doesn’t keep happening.

Hi

I am very sorry.

Drinking from a bottle is a learned and not an instinctive behaviour, so piggies have different ways to do it. Some have learned that when they bite the ball inside the nozzle (which is made from rather soft material), water will come out.

If you can get top filling Ferplast Sippy plastic pet bottles in the USA, then this would be a different principle to try and see whether it works better. They come in different sizes. The piggies have to push up the little plug with their tongue; biting won't yield water.
1716890790379.webp

All About Drinking And Bottles

Back