Water bottles

T&A

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what your favourite water bottles were? Ones that are easiest to keep clean and your piggies like the most? Thanks 😊

Ok fine, thanks. Also what are your opinions on water bowls, I’ve just tried one and he has a wet chin from already figuring it out!

Ok fine, thanks. Also what are your opinions on water bowls, I’ve just tried one and he has a wet chin from already figuring it out!

My piggies won’t drink from bowls. The only thing with a bowl is that they get messy quickly and can therefore need refreshing more often.
(My rabbits prefer to use bowls)

I prefer the glass Living World bottles but my current piggies won't drink out of them, they prefer the Crystal plastic bottles! I've never had a guinea pig who would drink out of a bowl.

I've used bowls, the Crystal plastic ones, and the Living World glass bottles (which I use now). Bowls aren't my preference, they need refilling and so on much more often (and then Comet tipped one over once) and the Crystal bottles...I've had two pigs, that never met each other, but who would break every single Crystal bottle the same way. Whatever way they'd use the spout, it'd end up separating from the bottle itself.

So, glass bottles it is.

I prefer glass bottles, and so do the pigs. My last batch last about 2 years before the balls in the spout started to stick really bad. I then got the crystal ones which seem impossible to clean and a few have started to stick within a few months. 2 of my pigs jam god knows what in the spout so I'm guessing it's that. I had 6 bottles to replace hence why I went for the plastic crystal ones. Really wish I hadn't if I'm honest. That's just a personal preference though and I know many get on with them just fine.

All mine use/have access to bowls too. Bit of a nightmare when using substrate as it inevitably ends up in the bowl, prefer it when using fleece as the bowl stays clean and free of debris for more than an hour.

I like glass water bottles.
I think they are the easiest to clean.
I briefly had plastic water bottles,
however I quickly learned the hard way that you can't just soak them in boiling water to clean them like you can with glass bottles.😬
I also like water bowls.
Alot of hay, food and poos will find their way into water bowls,
but they are very easy to clean and my guinea pigs prefer to drink out of them.

I got a set of little bottle brushes for £2.75 on ebay, brilliant for cleaning spouts. I rinse my bottles in hot water daily, scrub out with a bottle brush. Once every 2-4 weeks I soak them in baby bottle steriliser solution.

I agree - a bottle brush does the job perfectly! I have some with a double end - the bigger end for the bottle and the smaller end does the spout - but you can buy varying sizes

Also, putting a small amount of rice in the bottle with soapy warm water and giving it a good shake; and a cotton bud to clean the cap.

The only times I’ve had to replace them is usually down to my own stupidity - dropping it on concrete and it cracking etc.

I put my favorite bottle name below for you. I have one of these already, and I like that I can put water from the top, so I got another one. Hope this helps.
I currently have 3 big bottles for my 3 GP boys, one bottle for each boy but I always like having a spare water bottle around.

Full Cheeksâ„¢ Small Pet Top Fill Water Bottle

Back