Water Bottles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria71

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi not really sure what section this question so I will just leave it here .
So my piggies managed to pull the spout of their water bottle yesterday it was a bottle that came with the cage it has a grey lid .I have been to all my local pet shops and they don't sell them they only sell the ones with the red lids . They seem to have a shorter spout will the pigs be ok with it ok should I carry on searching for a replacement for the grey lidded one ?

I don't think the lid colour really matters.
Maybe try them with the red one and see if they are ok with it.
I am currently toying with switching to glass, which has a different spout length, but I am sure they will work it out.

:D I have been using the plastic ones with red lids and short spouts for years, with no problems. Members have reported that even the "leak-proof " ones leak! Having a bottle holder fixed too tight can make a bottle leak. I think the glass ones are too heavy. I have only bought them for the springs and holders!

I spent a lot of money on waterbottles once, 4 at £7 odds each and they lasted no time at all before they all started leaking or the spout cracked. So now I have bought the plastic ones with the red lids at a couple of pounds each. And used a loose cable tie loop to attach them to the cages as I find the wires are too tight round the bottles causing them to leak as @7squeakers says. At one point i used ribbons to tie the on the cage but naughty Alby liked to chew them causing the bottle to fall lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back