Water Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodles

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hope this is the correct section for this post, sorry if not .
I have had piggies for many years but never come across this problem before and wonder if any of you have any suggestions?
My oldest boy seems to empty his water bottle into his cage everyday and his hutch is soaking wet and the wood is swelling. I have bought so so many water bottles thinking they were leaking causing this problem but they are fine. Any suggestions as to how I can stop this problem please?

Hi there, l have a big old boar that seems to make it his lifes work to empty the water bottle
Hi could simply "like" doing it, :hmm: or he could be responding to the disaproval he gets from me :lol!:
The only thing l do is to clean the area frequently , and just under the bottle l put extra news paper under the vet bed

:lol!: piggies eh! I'm like you and always tidy and clean the area but worry now that winter is coming that he may get damp and a cold. He is an older boy who lives in the shed during cold months….. At least I know he isn't on his own in doing this behaviour now x

:lol!: piggies eh! I'm like you and always tidy and clean the area but worry now that winter is coming that he may get damp and a cold. He is an older boy who lives in the shed during cold months….. At least I know he isn't on his own in doing this behaviour now x

My boy Olly likes to do this too. I've put a plastic litter tray under the bottle and attached it to the side of the cage. I keep it filled with megazorb. Have to change the megazorb most days but it's absorbent enough to stop Olly creating a lake and keep his feet dry while he's playing with the bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back