Water bottle

fluffysal

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a water bottle that is quiet. George is a serial bottle rattler, as well as VERY noisy he lets more water drip down his front than he drinks. I don't mind refilling twice a day and they have drip trays (that they like sitting on) but the noise is starting to grate on me, especially when he spends a solid five minutes plus each time when he wants a drink.

He won't drink from a bowl and Boris paddles in one 😂. I've been looking at the sippy type but not sure it would fit through the grids.

I think whether a bottle is quiet enough depends on the piggy. Some piggies can make a dramatic noise out of anything. Bertie I'm looking at you while typing this! I did try the Sippy one with mine and not one would touch it, it does fit on C&C grids, I don't know what sort of cage you have. Good Luck!

Songmics grids. I know it's George not the bottle as Boris drinks very quietly

He won't drink from a bowl and Boris paddles in one 😂. I've been looking at the sippy type but not sure it would fit through the grids.
I have the sippy! I love it because it doesn’t drip but omg is it loud! Wouldn’t recommend if you want quiet haha (although maybe I just have noisy pigs)

I have Sippy bottles. They are top fillers but the nozzle is metallic and the piggies need to push back a little piston piece to get at the water. It is NOT quiet as the metal clangs just as much as in convential bottles.

Some piggies are noisier drinkers than others but there are no quiet bottles unfortunately. Piggies and bedrooms don't mix all that well, unfortunately. :(

They are in my lounge. It was worth asking, will order ear plugs instead! 😆

You get used to it and learn to ignore it. I would frankly feel that the house was rather eerily quiet without the bottles, hay chomping and piggy noises that provide the 'white noise' for our lounge in addition to my computer...

I just love the hay chomping noise, like miniature threshers. I find it quite a dichotomy that George who is very neat, gentle and calm is the one who does it, not noisy, messy chaos pig Boris. Unless you see it, you wouldn't know Boris was drinking! I've said it before... weirdos, happy but weirdos 😍

Back