Water bottle

fisher9988

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We have had ongoing issues with our piggy Kevin for some weeks now. He has made an incredible recovery on his own after we decided against testing after discussing his chances with the vets.

We are still however struggling to get him to drink water. We have tried 3 different types of water and different dishes which he just knocks everywhere/ignores. We have also tried putting food round the mouth piece and a bottle with a dish attached and has shown no interest.

The vet did say at our last appointment that he is maintaining his hydration and his teeth look fine and this was after 3 weeks of refusing the water bottles, its now been 5-6. He has critical care daily to help with lack of water to aid weight gain along with some oats we trialled today. He also gets fresh veggies daily, plenty of hay but has gone off pellet food.

Any help/advice as to why this sudden change has happened as he drank normally when we first rescued him and 2 mths just stopped. Have tried all ideas we can think of and refuses to take any water through a syringe or have the mouth piece prompted into his mouth, this ends with me being bitten and him upset.

All help welcome :)

All About Drinking And Bottles

The guide I have linked above should be helpful to you.
I would say if he's getting fluid in the critical care and eating plenty of veggies then he is getting enough fluid. If he's used a bottle before he knows how to use one and would do again if he needed more. Sorry to hear you have been bitten.

All About Drinking And Bottles

The guide I have linked above should be helpful to you.
I would say if he's getting fluid in the critical care and eating plenty of veggies then he is getting enough fluid. If he's used a bottle before he knows how to use one and would do again if he needed more. Sorry to hear you have been bitten.
Thank you! The reassurance is massively appreciated, wasn't a bad bite bless him, more a lot of frustrated nipping 😅

Back