Water bottle

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211030-201956_Photos.webpThis is my guinea pigs cage, I was wondering if i should add another water bottle since his cage is pretty big to make sure that hes drinking. If I get another guinea pig i will for sure add another one but for now is it fine? And what kind of water bottle is good? Ive been looking but its so overwhelming to try and find a good one! Ive heard glass is better but I'm not sure which brand.

I always like to have multiple bottles. As mentioned, when he has a friend, then having multiple bottles is importwnt anyway but if one bottle falls off/suddenly breaks etc then at least if you have more than one there is something else for him to drink from

All About Drinking And Bottles

I have two and consider getting a 3rd. My boys zoom and pocorn and have knocked their bottle off a few times. I had to zip/cable tie the one bottle in place to prevent falling into the cage. The pet store bottle cage attachment, which is plastic, broke within a week..

Seems the bottles with the metal bracket arm are the best to fasten the bottle to the cage. The plastic screw on wing nut, for me, has not held up as the threads wore out already. This may be different outside the US. My gf has topfill bottles, with metal arms, which she said they have never fallen or broken. She said Amazon has them.

She has had her boys for 2-3 years and never once had an issue. I’d have to ask her the brand name.

I always like to have multiple bottles. As mentioned, when he has a friend, then having multiple bottles is importwnt anyway but if one bottle falls off/suddenly breaks etc then at least if you have more than one there is something else for him to drink from

All About Drinking And Bottles
Oh i never really thought about that, hes had this one for 6 years and has never had a problem with getting water from it so i guess I'm lucky. I will check out the link you sent thanks!

I have two and consider getting a 3rd. My boys zoom and pocorn and have knocked their bottle off a few times. I had to zip/cable tie the one bottle in place to prevent falling into the cage. The pet store bottle cage attachment, which is plastic, broke within a week..

Seems the bottles with the metal bracket arm are the best to fasten the bottle to the cage. The plastic screw on wing nut, for me, has not held up as the threads wore out already. This may be different outside the US. My gf has topfill bottles, with metal arms, which she said they have never fallen or broken. She said Amazon has them.

She has had her boys for 2-3 years and never once had an issue. I’d have to ask her the brand name.
Ive always used a pony tail and have never had a problem with it falling off. If your cage has bars then maybe you should try that(I dont know if it works for all bottle sizes but I assume it would). If you could get the name for me that would be amazing! Thanks :D

Back