Water bottle suggestions urgent :-)

Vicky2021

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a small home extension starting next week for 8-10 weeks, and I have 4 female guinea pigs (both sets live separately)

Need advice re water bottle attachment or something you’ve personally used. (UK based)

I have a custom built large wooden cage usually but because of my staircase I can’t get it up (need to move the guinea pigs upstairs for the duration and part of it move to families too)

My uncle kindly built me a last min temp cage for the building works - so he’s built me a 135x62 (random). Front and sides are Perspex, back is wood. I’ve been told they’re starting the extension next week and my other cage has chicken wire so bottles were easier. Any suggestions as to what will work? Really struggling with time frames and ordering a water bottle that’s suitable. I thought about standing but can’t see any I like or trust.

Picture attached

Thank you!

Attachments

• B6457257-FEF7-4EB7-947F-45FC6DF38363.webp
    B6457257-FEF7-4EB7-947F-45FC6DF38363.webp
    42 KB · Views: 18
You can get stand alone bottles that have a little tray underneath - that’s if they can get used to using the tray - this is from viovet

1648071754366.jpeg

Otherwise could your uncle drill three holes ….. for the spout and for wire/string to secure an ordinary water bottle ?
Good luck and the new cage looks great !

We have a wooden cage, I bought these bottles from Amazon I don’t actually use the bottles but I use the attachments, I just used little screw in round hook things to attach to the wood.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bottles-Hamster-Drinking-Waterers-Chinchillas/dp/B09BJS935S/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=33DRPHOWO8LVY&keywords=guinea+pig+water+bottle&qid=1648072189&sprefix=guineapig+wa,aps,54&sr=8-5
View attachment 198748

You also get the attachments with the glass bottles on Amazon (example) - the benefit to the glass bottles being they're flattened on one side, so they'll sit more flush to the walls.

The glass bottles do have a flat back, so fit more easily flush against a wooden backing. You can just drill holes or as suggested attach those hook and eye things!

Thanks so much all for taking the time to respond! I managed to use the curtain hook trick suggested above :-) works great. I couldn’t do some of the other options due to the height I had to work with.

Back