Water At Floor Time... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi... when the piggies are out for floor time, i am conscious they dont get any water. They are usually out for their dinner so there is a bit of water there...

I was wondering does anyone have any tips / ideas for putting the water bottle onto something for when they are out? I am trying to give them as long as possible, last night it was an hour but then i am thinking ' what if they get thirsty'.. they have their hay out on the floor ...

they are ' free range ' at the moment i.e not inside a pen so i have nothing really i can attach a water bottle too...

Any thoughts would be great !

( I am planning a steam clean of their cage over half term so they could be out for more than an hour )

I am sure I have seen previous posts saying they should be OK for a few hours without a water bottle.

You could give them some cucumber . The only other option I can think of us to get some living world bottles and a holder

Living World Green Bottle Holder | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!
thanks for that ! I am sure my good old dad can knock me up something like that in his garage ! They have cucumber but its the last thing they eat lol !

Wonder what wood would be best - although they probably wouldn't have long enough to eat it !

Hi... when the piggies are out for floor time, i am conscious they dont get any water. They are usually out for their dinner so there is a bit of water there...

I was wondering does anyone have any tips / ideas for putting the water bottle onto something for when they are out? I am trying to give them as long as possible, last night it was an hour but then i am thinking ' what if they get thirsty'.. they have their hay out on the floor ...

they are ' free range ' at the moment i.e not inside a pen so i have nothing really i can attach a water bottle too...

Any thoughts would be great !

( I am planning a steam clean of their cage over half term so they could be out for more than an hour )

If they are getting fresh veg during roaming time or shortly before, then there is no risk whatsoever of them dehydrating. ;)
Alternatively, if you are really worried and can't fashion some walk-in access to their cage, why not just put out a bowl?

I didn't think mine would drink from one but I tried one with Jericho and he was fine with it but preferred his bottle (It was when we tried to get him to drink more due to health problems). It's always worth a go if your worried about them having water :)

PS - Check your PM's Mrs, I responded to your last one :)

Ours have a bottle in their cage but when they are having floor time I always put a bowl down. They do use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back