washing vetbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What setting do you use on the washing machine? I do a 40 degree quick wash, then tumble dry it but it is definitely shrinking >:(

It wasn't cheap so I want it to last - so is there a better way to wash it?

I hand wash mine in the bath, using baby soap. Shake it outside before to get all the bits off and then after to get all the excess water out. Pop it over the radiator or banister and it's dry by the next day.

I can't do that, I only have one piece so I have to wash and dry it quickly.

Ah, I see. That's the reason I bought two pieces. If you were to put it over the radiator, I would dry in a few hours? Not as quick as a tumble dryer I know, but if it stops it from shrinking?

I used to wash mine in the washing machine, but stopped after clothes were getting covered in hairs and megazorb. I then washed in the bath and once I saw the colour of the water that came out of it that was the last time I used the machine - I was going to continue but put the vetbed in a pillow case) I personally don't think it's hygienic to wash your clothes together with it, unless you can fit a full load of vet bed in! LOL.

I wash mine few at a time (I have 8 small pieces of Vetbed - expensive, but worth it, as it means the washing can be rotated), inside a duvet cover, after shaking them out first. I never tumble dry them, so they don't shrink.

I hand wash mine too in the bath, but I hairdry it cos ive only got one piece at the moment.
I'm not allowed to use the washing machine. My mum doesn't think its very hygenic either.

Wouldn't buying another piece of vetbed so that you can dry it slower on the radiator be more cost effective than having to replace shrinking pieces after drying them quickly in the tumble dryer?

i use pro-fleece, its cheaper and i dry mine in the dryer sometimes but i do mine on a 40 wash, then hang on the radiator normally.. but i havent seen any shrinkage from putting it in the dryer, i have 2 pieces its much easier! i get a full load in my washing machine as the boys are on towels so they wash with my pro-fleece :)

I wash mine inside a duvet cover on 40 degrees it goes in without any of our washing. I then use the tumble dryer and mine has never shrunk.

I've ditched vetbed now, but I have washed in on 60 before just to get rid of the pong and I didn't experience any shrinkage. I used to tumble dry it too. It did curl up at the edges though.
Maybe you've just got a bad batch? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back