Washing New Fleece Before Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sian25

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How many times do you wash your new fleeces before use and what temperature/how long is the cycle you use? I've washed my new ziggys liners 6 times now and when tested with water, the water is still puddling ontop of the material :(

:D Six times? The water really should be passing through it by now. Ziggy always says that they work better the more you wash them. You are not using fabric conditioner, are you?
I wash my fleeces at 50% and the full cycle lasts for about 70 minutes.

I had this problem when I was using fairy washing powder.. i switched to Aldi non bio and they wicked straight away. i washed them on 60 degrees.

@7squeakers. No I'm not using fabric conditioner.. I didn't put any washing powder or anything in the washes.. Just the water. Should I add the washing powder before use. I'm sure with my other fleeces I just washed with water before use but it's been quite a while

@7squeakers. No I'm not using fabric conditioner.. I didn't put any washing powder or anything in the washes.. Just the water. Should I add the washing powder before use. I'm sure with my other fleeces I just washed with water before use but it's been quite a while
i would imagine you would need to add some washing powder....

@artcasper I use surecare fragrance free liquid and little angels sensitive powder on my current fleeces. I've just put their new liners in the wash again with some powder, I was wondering why it was taking so long to absorb the water

if those don't work, i do recommend the aldi stuff x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back