Washing Fleece

• Thread starter Thread starter Sophie1307
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sophie1307

I have Delilah on fleece at the moment in her night time c&c. I clean up poop daily and then wash it every three or four days.
She's pretty much litter trained, she only poops and wee's in the corner where the hay is ::) .
I'm allowed to use the washing machine now, but I have to leave the fleece to soak in a bucket of warm water and disinfectant for about 2 hours, then it goes in the machine for 30 mins, then in the tumble dryer for 30 mins and it's done! Then I have to do a rinse in the machine to clean it out. I leave the fleece on the radiator for a bit sometimes as well to warm it up for Delilah's little baby feet :smitten:
I used to have to leave the fleece in the bath for a while then hairdry it ;D Took AGEEES though.
I'm going to put all the pigs in the shed on fleece when I have the money! Ive also stopped using shavings :laugh: It's toooo messy so now I use correx, newspaper, shreeded paper then hay :)

Anyway, just wondering how everyone else cleans their fleece blankets/profleece/vetbed?

i brush, shake and hoover them and then tie them up in an old duvet cover and put them in wahing machine :)

Same here. You wont get any bits of hay in the washing machine that way. If you dont have much to wash, put it in an old pillow case and tie a knot in the top.

Just realised... the washing machine had hay in it. :-\
Will ustie the pillow case up next time... :P

Just washed my first two fleeces...woo hoo!

Just shook them, put each one in a tied up pillowcase (those red rubber bands the posties drop came in handy...finally!) and put them in the machine. Then stuck them in the tumble dryer...they smell OK and all the hay left was in the filter. There are a few odd pieces on the fleece, but nothing that won't come off!

Job done - I'm quite liking this! 98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back