Washing Fleece Options

vivian5

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a question about options for washing fleece.

I just switched my three girls over to fleece but I have a dilemma. I do not have a washing machine at home. I have to take my clothes to a laundromat. However, the laundromat is expensive so I am looking for other options for my girls' cage liners.

Should I buy a portable washing machine from Amazon or should I attempt to handwash?

Any advice and suggestions are welcome! Also, if you have any recommendations for portable washing machines, please let me know!

TIA

I don't think hand washing would work, as it would be very difficult to wring out enough water for them to dry in a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry - I can't advise about portable washing machines, but given the size and potential weight of a wet cage liner I would worry a portable machine might struggle to be efficient.

How big is your cage and what cage liners do you have?

I’d have to agree with above.
I don’t know anything about portable washing machines but I too would be inclined to think something like that would struggle with fleece/fleece liners (some normal washing machines struggle with them!j.
Hand washing does not work well at all.

I don't think hand washing would work, as it would be very difficult to wring out enough water for them to dry in a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry - I can't advise about portable washing machines, but given the size and potential weight of a wet cage liner I would worry a portable machine might struggle to be efficient.

Thank you for your response! My cage is two Midwest cages put together so I believe it is around 8ft x 2ft. I use blizzard fleece with a Uhaul pad underneath it. They layers are not sewn together (as I am not much of a sewer) so I can wash the layers separately if needed.

I use a portable washing machine (from Amazon) for my piggy bedding, ever since I overloaded our washing machine and killed it!
Highly recommend getting one - it’s a bit of a faff and you have to have somewhere for it to gravity drain (I do mine by the back door, but that means carrying buckets of water to fill it up as it’s too far from the tap for a pipe to fill it!)

I use a portable washing machine (from Amazon) for my piggy bedding, ever since I overloaded our washing machine and killed it!
Highly recommend getting one - it’s a bit of a faff and you have to have somewhere for it to gravity drain (I do mine by the back door, but that means carrying buckets of water to fill it up as it’s too far from the tap for a pipe to fill it!)
Brilliant that you have you use a portable washing machine! May you include the link to it? I believe a portable washing machine is my only option.

Please do include a link @Two_Wheeks
This could be really useful information for others, and I can add it to the fleece bedding guide.

Tell us more! Where do we get one from?

Sorry everyone, I went to bed!

Wow looking back through Amazon orders is quite a wake up call! I have the one below, I paid £99 for it though, I’m sure there are similar ones for less than this one currently is!

I’ve had it three years and it is still great, it gets used weekly for all the pet bedding, mostly piggy noodle mats! The only pain is carrying the water to it, but it’s a bit of exercise I guess! I do one mat at a time, I’m sure it could take more but I don’t want to risk it! I change the water every two mats I guess.. but you can tell when it needs a refresh!

Think Gizmos Portable Washing Machine – Twin Tub Washer Machine with Wash and Spin Cycle Compartments - Includes Lint Filter & Small Laundry Bag… https://amzn.eu/d/c5IFbpT

I want to get a portable wash machine for my GP bedding. Can I ask which one you purchased? thanks

Back